“The body, in its infinite wisdom, knows its own way back to wholeness.”
Welcome to Living Focusing, my website and blog about Focusing, inner wisdom, embodied knowing and more.
what people say about focusing...
- ”Manju will open to you a very simple yet powerful means to hear what has always been in you awaiting a chance to be heard. This revealing can become the rudder that you use to steer you through life; the revealing of formerly hidden parts of ourselves is a tremendous adventure and one to be savoured” Jane Brown: dyslexia and ADHD facilitator
- "I attended one of Manju's workshops as a means of reconnecting with the trust of what I'd call my inner wisdom. I had done Focusing practice and training before, elsewhere, and hoped to refresh my willingness to re connect with the practice through the workshop. I found Manju to be a gifted facilitator, in terms of his respectful presence and, the quality, pace and sensitivity in which the activities were offered throughout the workshop. I felt welcome and safe, to really trust myself and learn” Lynne
- ”Manju has a calm, gentle and relaxed presence which creates a great space for focusing. I find he helps create a feeling of inviting whatever may arise, being ok with it, and then holding and exploring it. I also found his teaching very clear. It seemed to me there was a lot of thought, experience and preparation behind each workshop - but this was in the background. The workshops themselves flowed in a natural and unhurried way.”Jeremy, London. 2014
- ”I stumbled upon 'Focusing' purely by accident. I wanted to experience a retreat and booked myself a week away at Dhanakosa in Scotland… That was in 2012 and it has since proven to be the most invaluable choice I have ever made. Focusing is the most grounding and empowering method of self support and self observation I apply to my life. Just recently I have been diagnosed with Bipolar 2 Disorder….This new label doesn't define me as a human being; my reaction to it and how I accept it does. Focusing is my strongest tool in the box to pull out and use when needed. Whether I'm having a manic high or a crushing low, the practical guidance of Focusing and it's core belief of self compassion is a treasured method to me.” Sue Donald: Self employed Bookkeeper
- "I did the Introduction to Focusing course with Manju (Spring 2014) and absolutely loved it. Very gently Manju guided us through the philosophy behind and the practice of Focusing, always more than happy to answer questions and elaborate where necessary. The course was experientially, meaning that, although Manju explained sufficiently, we learned, step by step, by doing. This worked very well as there was, for me, an immediate sense of understanding and recognition. This course with Manju changed my life as I discovered there was so much more going on inside of me than I knew and could have imagined. Manju is calm and patient, clear, funny, and very warm and empathic. He is also very good in setting boundaries to make the course a safe place and, as such, set an example for setting up your own practice with a focusing partner." DDH, PhD student
- ”I participated in one of Manju's focusing courses in London a while ago. My only regret was that Manju does not offer the full series of qualifying courses in focusing in London for those who would like to be able to teach others the skills. Manju is a fantastic teacher whose teaching is clearly based on very personal understanding of the benefits of this way of working. By combining focusing with Peter Levine's somatic experiencing approach, Manju is providing a very special understanding of how trauma can be processed through working with the body: research and understanding of this field now clearly demonstrates that words alone are often "not enough" to allow us to fully process and recover from some experiences.” V. Hobbs
- “Focusing works, even if you are not good at it, and even if you don't do it regularly. Whenever I want to feel relieved, self-worthy and relaxed, trusting myself again, focusing is something I can do on my own, just for me.” E.W Educational support
- ”I enjoyed the workshops with Manju and gained a lot. He has a gentle inclusive and totally non judgemental style mixed with humour that makes him both an excellent facilitator and also an inspiring exponent of the work. Focusing is a process of tuning into what's happening, listening in to your own body wisdom and making changes.“ Hilary Farmer, psychotherapist
- “I loved my training with you and I have happy memories of your excellent courses and of your generosity sharing your own personal experience. I think focusing is fantastic. You are an exceptional teacher and I am really looking forward to being guided by you again” J.W. NHS administrator
- Manju walks the talk in terms of how he teaches focusing: his teaching is warm, clear, creative, humorous and inclusive. His easy, naturalness led to a deeper listening to myself and others and a way of being with the richness of my inner experience, living the questions and not trying to find the answers. I am grateful to him for opening the door of focusing and inviting me and others in. Sraddhagita